Aluminum Diamond Plate (3003 & 6061)
With seven locations throughout California and Arizona, IMS is a full-service metal supplier that understands your needs. Our 3003 and 6061 aluminum tread plate product inventories are available in various thicknesses and lengths, including 4x8 sizing options to meet your application requirements. That’s the IMS difference!
L = Length
W = Width
L = Length
W = Width
For more detailed information on our tread plate product options, check out our tread plate infographic sheet or contact us with your specific questions.
Precision Aluminum Diamond Tread Plate Secondary ServicesWhen you order from Industrial Metal Supply (IMS), we can cut your metal to size and deliver it the next day. If you require more extensive services than just sawing or shearing, we also offer the following advanced metal-cutting options:
- Hi-Def Plasma Cutting
- Tube Laser
- Flatbed Laser
- Water Jet Cutting
- Metal Shearing & Sawing
- Custom Extrusions
Upload Competitor Pricing QuotesIMS allows you to upload competitor pricing directly through our checkout and shipping portal. Upload your competitor's pricing, and we’ll strive to match or beat their pricing and lead times.
Aluminum Diamond & Tread Plate Conversions CalculatorsCheck out our handy converter and conversions calculators. Our converters and metal weight calculators allow you to side-step traditional by-hand conversions and input your exact criteria into one of our simple-to-use converters.
Aluminum Diamond Plate Sheet ProductsAlloy aluminum 3003 and 6061 diamond and tread plate products enhance strength, durability, and corrosion resistance for applications requiring increased traction and aesthetic qualities. Aluminum diamond plate is manufactured with several unique tread types, including embossed, 5 bar, and tread brite.
6061 Aluminum Diamond PlateAluminum checker plate, commonly known as ''Diamond plate'' or “tread plate,” is strong, lightweight, and provides protection and traction in high-traffic areas. Diamond tread aluminum sheet 6061 provides strength, skid resistance, and durability. Aluminum diamond plate 6061 can be stamped or rolled, has limited formability, and is easy to weld and machine.
6061 diamond plate aluminum also offers increased strength and corrosion resistance and has many practical applications. 6061 aluminum checker plate is available in the following tread options:
- Embossed Firetruck-Quality (FTQ) Tread Plate - Is the same as Tread Brite in all aspects, except for a slightly modified pattern that provides an even better grip.
- 5-Bar Tread Plate - Is defined by its unique pattern, with small, individual blocks of five parallel bars oriented perpendicularly to their neighboring blocks.
- Tread Brite Tread Plate - The most common type of aluminum tread plate is used for a wide variety of applications.
- Mill Finish Tread Plate - Has a matte-finish diamond pattern and is used primarily in structural applications that do not require bending.
6061 Aluminum Diamond Plate Sheet Applications
- Loading ramps
- Elevator floors
- Trench covers
- Dock flooring
- Stair treads
6061 Aluminum Tread Plate Features
- Strong, with a high strength-to-weight ratio
- A popular, versatile alloy for structural purposes
- Excellent machinability
- Can be welded or brazed
- Not as pliable as other aluminum grades
3003 Aluminum Diamond Plate3003 tread diamond plating is easy to weld, drill, or machine. It is also an excellent alloy for corrosion resistance and workability as a lightweight diamond plate. As a versatile aluminum, 3003 aluminum tread plate can be used for various applications. Non-slip diamond tread plates provide the strength you need in a lightweight form. 3003 aluminum finish options include:
- 5 Bar
- Tread Brite
3003 Diamond Plate Aluminum Applications
- Wall Panels
- Truck Bed Liners
- Elevator Floors
3003 Aluminum Tread Plate Features
- Weaker than 6001 aluminum tread
- Not heat-treatable
- Can be spun, welded, or brazed
- 20% stronger than commercially pure aluminum (1100 grade)
- Corrosion-resistant and highly workable
- Popular general-use alloy
Aluminum Diamond Plate Sheet Sizing OptionsAluminum checker plate products are available in several gauge and thickness options to meet various project needs. The following chart compares gauge and aluminum plate thicknesses.
The IMS Difference: Diamond Plate Aluminum Metal Made SimpleGet the high-quality metal products you need and keep your project on time and within budget. To provide the highest quality service in the industry, we offer the following advantages:
- Next-day delivery of processed material via our trucks
- Same-day pick-up in Will-Call
- No minimum purchase
- Unprecedented customer service
- Support of Just-in-Time manufacturing processes
- Salespeople that act as an extension of your purchasing department (we will get any metal products you need)
- Material management (stocking and delivery on a scheduled basis)
- Credit lines with good terms
- Seven stores are open six days a week (check each location for specific times)
- Shop by metal alloy