Aluminum 3003 and 6061 are extremely popular alloys to use for diamond plate production. Since both alloys possess excellent strength, corrosion resistance, and workability, they are used wherever diamond plate applications are required. Aluminum diamond plate is manufactured with a variety of different tread types including embossed, 5 bar, and tread brite. View our tread plate flyer for more information.For more detailed information on our tread plate product options, check out our tread plate infographic sheet or contact us with your specific questions.
6061 Aluminum PlateAluminum treadplate is commonly known as ''Diamond plate'' or “tread plate”. It is strong, lightweight and is used to provide protection and traction on high traffic areas. Aluminum plate 606 provides strength, skid resistance, and durability. Aluminum diamond plate 6061 has limited formability but is easy to weld and machine. This aluminum product also offers increased strength and corrosion resistance and has many useful applications. 6061 aluminum plate is available in the following tread options:
- Embossed Firetruck-Quality (FTQ) Tread Plate - Is the same as Tread Brite in all aspects, except for a slightly modified pattern that provides even better grip.
- 5-Bar Tread Plate - Is defined by its unique pattern, with small, individual blocks of five parallel bars oriented perpendicularly to their neighboring blocks.
- Tread Brite Tread Plate - Is the most common type of aluminum tread plate, used for a wide variety of applications.
- Mill Finish Tread Plate - Has a matte-finish diamond pattern and is used primarily in structural applications that do not require bending.
6061 Aluminum Plate ApplicationsAluminum plate 6061 is used in many types of industrial applications, including:
- Loading ramps
- Elevator floors
- Trench covers
- Dock flooring
- Stair treads
6061 Aluminum Tread Plate Features
- Strong, with a high strength to weight ratio
- A popular, versatile alloy for structural purposes
- Excellent machinability
- Can be welded or brazed
- Corrosion resistant
- Not as pliable as other aluminum grades
3003 Aluminum Diamond Plate3003 tread diamond plating is easy to weld, drill, or machine. As a light-weight diamond plate, it is also an excellent alloy for corrosion resistance and workability. As a versatile aluminum, 3003 aluminum tread plate can be used for a variety of applications. Non-slip diamond tread plates provide the strength you need in a light-weight form. 3003 aluminum finish options include:
- 5 Bar
- Tread Brite
3003 Aluminum Diamond Plate Applications
- Wall Panels
- Truck Bed Liners
- Elevator Floors
3003 Aluminum Diamond Plate Features
- Weaker than 6001 aluminum tread
- Not heat-treatable
- Can be spun, welded, or brazed
- 20% stronger than commercially pure aluminum (1100 grade)
- Corrosion resistant and highly workable
- Popular general use alloy
Aluminum Diamond Plate 6061 & 3003 from a Trusted Metal Supplier in Southern CA, AZ & Northern MexicoIndustrial Metal Supply maintains a huge inventory of 6061 and 3003 diamond plate products, in a variety of standard thicknesses and lengths. With locations throughout Southern California and Arizona, we can deliver diamond plate aluminum sheet to Northern Mexico, as well as cut-to-length services to provide diamond tread plate that meets your specific requirements. IMS metal benefits include:
- Same-day, will call pickup
- Next-day, local delivery
- Volume discounts
- On-site cutting services
- We also stock aluminum pipe, stainless steel pipe, and brass tube/pipe
Order Premium 6061 & 3003 Aluminum Diamond Plate TodayStop by one of our six locations in California and Arizona to check out our inventory of diamond plate aluminum sheet. Request a quote or contact Industrial Metal Supply for high-quality 6061 and 3003 aluminum diamond plate today.
Aluminum 3003 and 6061 are extremely popular alloys to use for diamond plate production. Since both alloys possess excellent strength, corrosion resistance, and workability, they are used wherever diamond plate applications are required. Aluminum diamond plate is manufactured with a variety of different tread types including embossed, 5 bar, and tread brite. View our tread plate flyer for more information.