Racecar Tabs & Accessories
Industrial Metal Supply sells welding tabs by multiple manufactures, that are custom made weld-on tabs and are suitable for TIG, MIG, stick, or gas welding.
Weld-On Tab Styles
- Flat tabs: Flat weld tabs are stamped from flat sheets of premium mild steel that have all rust and surface imperfections removed.
- Formed tabs: Formed tabs start as flat tabs. They are then placed in a forming die to create a three dimensional tab that can be welded to any tube diameter. Often referred to as “trick tabs.”
- Tube tabs: These weld tabs can be either flat or formed. They are radiused at the bottom to fit round tubing, and are welded perpendicular to the tube axis, saddle style.
- Trick Tabs: So named because they fit any diameter tube, these tabs are welded parallel to the tube axis. Commonly referred to as “formed tabs.”
- Gussets: Gussets are used to reinforce corners, and have special holes that allow users to run electrical wiring through or anchor plumbing with tie wraps.
- Flanges: Flanges allow users to join two pieces of metal tubing by bolting them together. The advantage is that they can be easily unbolted.
Why Use Weld Tabs?Cheap flame cut or laser cut weld tabs have “heat affected” edges that often won’t take powder coating or paint. If not properly surface ground, these tabs can be unsightly and may have sharp edges. Why pay good money for a weld tab and then spend hours at the grinding wheel?
If you do not remove the heavily oxidized edges of laser or flame cut tabs, this dirty slag layer becomes part of your weld puddle. This makes the final weld much weaker and less safe.
These welding tabs are stamped from premium American steel, finished, and deburred. They have no heat affected areas, and no jagged or oxidized edges. They are some of the safest, highest quality weld tabs available today.