6061 Aluminum Sheet and Plate
A = Thickness
To narrow your 6061 AL sheet and plate search, please filter your specifications by length, width, thickness, or temper. Please stop by one of our California or Arizona locations or contact us if you need assistance selecting the right 6061 aluminum sheet or 6061 aluminum plate temper for your project needs.
We also offer 5052, 3003 and Casting Tool Plate and Sheet.
Find High-Quality 6061 AL Sheet and Plate
The IMS 6061 Aluminum Plate and Sheet DifferenceAs a leading aluminum supplier, benefits from buying aluminum products from IMS include:
- Competitive volume pricing
- High-quality aluminum from US Mills
- Local next day delivery
- Same day, will-call pickup
- Custom cut to size options
- Advanced metal cutting services
6061 Sheet and Plate Characteristics
- Resists cracking
- Good corrosion resistance
6061 Aluminum Sheet Tempers
- Aluminum 6061 T4 Sheet is solution heat-treated and naturally aged giving it slightly lower tolerance accuracy than Aluminum 6061 T6, which undergoes artificial aging.
- T4 is also slightly less expensive than T6 with a higher elongation percentage, which increases the formability of the T4 temper.
- Aluminum sheet 6061 T4 is also cost friendlier and has improved formability over T6.
- Aluminum 6061-T6 is artificially aged.
- 6061-T6 has a higher tensile and yield strength than 6061-T4.
- Offers good finishing characteristics.
- Can be welded or joined.
- Can also be anodized.
- Artificially aged and permanent set.
- Minimally stretched to reduce internal stresses
6061 T4 Aluminum Sheet ApplicationsAluminum sheet 6061 T4 is used in many types of industrial applications, including:
- Aircraft panels
- Automotive panels
- Trailer frames
- And more
6061-T6 Aluminum Sheet ApplicationsCommon applications for 6061-T6 aluminum sheet include:
- Medical assemblies
- Heat sinks
- Hydraulic tubing
- Air coolers
- Aircraft fittings
- Electrical fittings
6061-T651 Aluminum Plate ApplicationsApplications for 6061-T651 aluminum plate include:
- Aircraft and aerospace components
- Heavy-duty machinery
- Base plates
- Heavy structures