Hi-Def Plasma Cutting Services
Virtually dross-free up to 1 1/2” steel plate
Industrial Metal Supply’s high definition plasma cutting technology will reduce or eliminate the need for secondary operations, allowing you to go straight to assembly in many cases. With the fastest, most advanced, and most versatile hi-def plasma system in the Southwest, IMS can deliver precision metal parts with unparalleled quality and consistency.
Our hi-def plasma system produces virtually dross-free cuts in materials up to 1-1/2” (38mm) thick, and results in consistent part squareness and improved bolt hole quality. This process removes the bottlenecks created downstream in the workflow by welding, grinding, and finishing operations.
IMS’ high definition plasma cutting capabilities ensure tight tolerances and fast turnarounds for even your most complex part shapes. Request a quote on hi-def plasma cutting or contact us to learn more.
What is Hi-Def Plasma Cutting?High definition plasma cutting is the process of cutting through electrically conductive materials via an accelerated jet of superheated, electrically ionized gas (plasma). Also known as “plasma torch cutting,” this process can be used to cut steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass & copper, and other metals. The process is valued for its high speed and precision.
Features & Benefits of High Definition Plasma Cutting
- Superior cut quality and consistency
- Efficient and cost-effective part production
- Fast turnarounds
- Virtually dross-free cutting through 1.5” (38mm) metal plates saves labor costs on grinding
- Superior squareness in comparison to oxy-fueled cutting processes
- Improved bolt hole quality
- 3.2” (80mm) maximum cutting capacity (edge start)
- 10’ x 20’ cutting envelope
- Compatible with any CAD/CAM/digital design files
- High precision and perfect repeatability
Why Choose IMS for Hi-Def Plasma Cutting?
- First-operation services reduce lead time and costs
- Prototype to production quantities
- Huge inventory of metals in stock
- Quotes within one business day
- Engineers on staff
- 24-hour production and express service available
- We are ISO 9001 certified
- Work with DXF files, hand-drawn sketches, anything in between
Contact Us for High Definition Plasma CuttingView the video below to see our hi-def plasma system in action. Request a quote or contact us for the high definition plasma cutting your project requires.
View our HD Plasma in Action
Superior squareness Get a Quote