Steel tubing is a versatile material that is available in round, square, and rectangular shapes. It is typically made from a variety of different alloys, like aluminum and titanium, that provide its strength and other notable properties.
Steel tubing offers a combination of strength, durability, and affordability that make it the ideal choice for a wide range of applications, from heat exchangers to staircase handrails to truck and trailer manufacturing. Industrial Metal Supply offers steel tube in a variety of standard sizes and profiles, as well as steel tubing options for specialty applications.
Applications for Carbon Steel TubingVersatile, long-lasting, and easy to cut, bend, and form, steel tube can be found in countless applications. Because steel tubing can withstand extreme conditions like temperature and pressure, it is found in a variety of industries that utilize these characteristics.
Construction, engineering, and automotive manufacturing are some of the most common industries that use steel tube shapes. Almost all metal scaffolding is made from steel tube because it’s easy to assemble. Steel tubing is also found in the suspension, fuel injection, and vehicle control systems of an automobile.
Other common uses for steel tubing include:
- Solar panel frames
- Medical devices
- Industrial equipment
- Plumbing for fluids, gases, or electrical wiring
Steel Tube Shapes and StylesIndustrial Metal Supply stocks carbon steel tube for all applications. We offer a full line of standard diameters, shapes, and wall thicknesses, as well as specialty steel tubing products. Cut-to-length service is available to give you the perfect steel tubing for your project. Our selection of steel tube includes:
Hot Rolled Steel Tubing
This steel tube has been processed using very high temperatures and a series of rollers to make it easier to work with. Hot rolling keeps the material free from internal stresses. This type of tubing is found frequently in the construction industry, but not for precise applications.
Cold Rolled Steel Tubing
This steel tubing begins as hot rolled steel but is processed even further to create a more finished surface and provide additional strength. This process is more suited for applications that have strict tolerance, straightness, and surface condition requirements because cold rolling is a more precise finishing method.
Galvanized Steel Tubing
This steel tube has been treated with a galvanized coating that makes the material more resistant to corrosion and extends the material’s life. Because the material is corrosion-resistant, it is often used for structural tubing in projects like bridges and fences where it may be subjected to environmental conditions.
Other steel tubing products we offer include:
- Round Steel Tubing: this steel tubing shape offers the strength and durability you need at an affordable price. Round steel stubbing can be used for almost any application.
- Rectangular Steel Tubing: this steel tube is designed for structural applications and manufacturing industries. It offers more strength and rigidity than other shapes, making it ideal for construction, architecture, automobiles, and more.
- Square Steel Tubing: This square tubing can withstand extreme temperatures, pressures, and the elements, making it perfect for both commercial and industrial applications. It is used frequently in truck beds, trailer components, and machine parts.
- Galvanized Telescoping Square Steel Tube: Galvanized steel tubing is corrosion-resistant, and this telescoping steel tube is perfect for structural applications.
- Hammered Steel Tube: This tubing offers a decorative tubing design that also provides added strength and welding capabilities. It is used for a variety of decorative applications.
Contact Industrial Metal Supply for Your Steel Tubing Needs in CA, AZ, and Northern Mexico
Visit any of our six California and Arizona locations to check out our inventory of steel tubing products.
Request a quote by viewing a product section or contact IMS for the top quality steel tube your application requires.