Tread plate—also known as floor plate, diamond plate, or diamond tread plate—provides a durable, anti-slip surface for dock surfaces, vehicle running boards, and more. Because it is highly resistant to weathering, corrosion, and chemicals, tread plate requires no maintenance or surface treatments.
ASTM A786 Tread PlateIndustrial Metal Supply offers steel tread plate that meets ASTM A786 standards, and aluminum tread plate in 3003 and 6061 alloys. Four styles are available.
- 5-Bar Tread Plate is defined by its unique pattern, with small, individual blocks of five parallel bars oriented perpendicularly to their neighboring blocks.
- Tread Brite Tread Plate is the most common type of aluminum tread plate, used for a wide variety of applications.
- Embossed Firetruck-Quality (FTQ) Tread Plate is the same as Tread Brite in all aspects, with the exception of a slightly modified pattern that provides even better grip.
- Mill Finish Tread Plate has a matte-finish diamond pattern, and is used primarily in structural applications that do not require bending.
Common Tread Plate Applications
- Decorative flooring & walls
- Vehicle running boards
- Kick plates
- Dock surfaces
Features & Benefits of Our Tread Plate Products
- Slip resistant surface
- Extremely durable—requires no maintenance
- Weather & corrosion resistant
- Bright reflective surface (especially Tread Brite)
- Unique decorative appearance
- Embossed FTQ tread plate meets NFPA industry safety regulations
Contact Industrial Metal Supply for Diamond Tread Plate
Request a quote on aluminum tread plate or steel tread plate for your application. Or, contact Industrial Metal Supply to order the tread plate you need.