- Custom cut to size options
- Lets put 6 axis tube laser cutting and link to that page in Services
- High-quality drawn over mandrel steel tubing from US Mills
- Lots of In-stock inventory you can Will Call today
- Local next day delivery
- Volume pricing
- Convenient locations throughout Southern California and Arizona
To narrow your DOM round tube search, please filter your specifications by wall thickness and/or length. If you need further assistance selecting the best DOM steel tubing option for your project, please contact us or stop by one of our California or Arizona locations.
Steel DOM Tubing AdvantagesThe drawn over mandrel tubing process (DOM) creates a more concentric, uniform product that maintains tolerances closer to a customer’s exact specifications. DOM tubes also have superior mechanical properties, including increased hardness and tensile strength and a sound welding seam. This makes them ideal for use in automotive components and mechanical parts, such as hydraulic cylinders, without requiring further machining. Further steel DOM tubing benefits include:
- Good strength
- Excellent surface quality
- Exceptionally close tolerances
- Easy machinability
How DOM Round Tubes are ProducedDrawn over mandrel tubing (DOM) is produced from a specific manufacturing process that makes the seam within the tube nearly invisible.
- The DOM round steel tube manufacturing process works by smoothing out the internal weld seam of a cold formed steel tube, while simultaneously enhancing its mechanical properties.
- Steel DOM tubing is produced by annealing (heating) the tube to soften it so that it can be pulled over a tapered steel shaft (drawn over mandrel).
DOM (1020 & 1025) Round Steel Tube Mechanical PropertiesDOM round steel tube is mandrel drawn, which produces a tube that has increased dimensional accuracy and tolerances with a smooth inside and outside finish.
- Steel DOM tubing product is ideal for applications of increased stress.
- It is ideal for highly stressful applications that require good mechanical properties including uniformity, strength, and soundness.
DOM Round Steel Tube Automotive ApplicationsDue to its numerous beneficial qualities, DOM tubing is used exclusively in the automotive sector for a wide range of applications, including:
- Roll cages
- Race car frames
- Camshaft tubes
- Engine mounts
DOM Tubing Industrial ApplicationsDrawn over mandrel tubing is not only used for automotive applications. It also provides many other advantageous qualities that benefits several other industries including:
- Oil & gas
- General fabrication
- Fluid handling
Buy Steel DOM Tubing in California & Arizona TodayIndustrial Metal Supply is your premier source for high-end DOM round steel tube products. We make finding the right metal products for your project simple and convenient.
Contact us for more information regarding our DOM tubing product options or request a quote for further pricing details today