Time to Read: 0m 0s
It’s DIY Time and we’ve got lots of fun accessories to get you started – like metal numbers! Feel in an arts and crafts mood? Patina, paint, texture…you can do whatever you want with them. The numbers are in Tahoma font and cut out of HRP&O (hot rolled pickled and oiled) steel sheet, which has been bathed in acid to remove scale and then rinsed and “pickled” with dry oil to prevent rusting.
These metal numbers are ready to go for your next project. The most common way a DIYer might put these pre-cut numbers to use is to attach them to a wall, fence, gate, post, or even a large rock, to indicate the street address. But for even such a mundane purpose, let your creativity shine through in the way you finish the metal. Here are some suggestions to get your imagination going:
- Weld a metal stake to the back of each number and “plant” them in your garden.
- Add a patina to create an antique or rusted look for a down-home (or upscale) look.
- Paint or etch the numbers with an artistic freehand pattern to give them a handcrafted or vintage appearance.
- Add the numbers to a base plate of metal sheet or ceramic tiles to create a unique number plate.
More Creative DIY Project Ideas for Metal Numbers:
- Combine your house number with a three-dimensional metal art silhouette such as a dolphin, antique Ford, or palm tree for even greater impact.
- Use them to create a giant metal wall clock, indoors or outside near a patio, barbeque or pool area.
- Design a unique wall mural featuring a wide range of different sized numbers, along with other artistic elements, including frames, lighting sconces, plant holders, or floating shelves.
All Industrial Metal Supply stores stock these unfinished steel numerals from 0 to 9 in four sizes (4”, 6”, 8”, or 12"). Stop by, pick up a set, and while you’re there, check out our extensive supply of metal finishes, including patinas and lacquers to create unique and beautiful metal accents for your home.
Industrial Metal Supply is the Southland’s largest supplier of metal and metal accessories. Visit one of our six convenient locations today.