GENERAL PURPOSE: TO PROVIDE IMS CUSTOMERS IN THE MOST RELIABLE, RESPONSIVE, AND HIGHEST QUALITY SERVICE IN OUR INDUSTRY
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Essential functions of the job are listed below. Please note that other duties may also be assigned.
· Customer Service/Satisfaction--Recognizing and making the customer our top priority,fully satisfied from start to finish, and assuring that he or she wants and continues to do repeat business with our company. Must consistently demonstrate excellent communication skills, orally and written.
· Must be adept at cash handling, accepting credit cards and creating a positive customer experience.
· Safety—Must carryout your duties in a manner that is safe for both you and your customer. Ask for help from another associate if you are handling material that is heavy or cannot be safely handled by one person.
· Complete all mandatory training by the due dates.
· Teamwork--Being a team player and supporting all associates to assure customer satisfaction and treating all team members with respect.
· Showroom Cleanup--Keeping your designated areas and our showroom clean, neat and organized, fully stocked with clean, marked, sell able products. Using cleanup time productively and wisely.
· Inventory Control-- Being proactive when ordering material. Keeping designated are as fully stocked and organized including the stockroom. Passing on information to proper personnel to assure inventory control throughout our company.
· Paperwork--Learning proper flow of paperwork. Applying knowledge and using correct forms.
· Product Knowledge and Machinery--Knowing Industrial Metal Supply's stocked and surplus products, alloys, sizes, types and shapes. Knowing cutting capabilities, proper usage and safety knowledge of machinery and equipment.
· Computer Screens and Functions--Knowing how to read and interpret various screens,pricing, inventory, customer information, proper part numbers, etc.
· Breaks and Lunches--Taking breaks and lunches on scheduled time and not abusing time frames. Assuring at all times that there is enough support in retail sales for our customer needs.
CORE COMPETENCIES: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
• Ability to analyze fairly complex product data and develop innovative recommendations and solutions
• Excellent planning and organizing and project management skills. Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take prudent risks.
• Strong customer and results orientation
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
• Ability to be an effective team member and lead fairly complex projects.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to adapt to changing business, market and company conditions.
· Ability to work weekends as needed
• Equivalent of HS Diploma and 2+ years progressively responsible, related experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of best-demonstrated practices in the areas of sales and customer service
• Strong understanding of company products
• Computer(Word, Excel) skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear,speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment. Able to lift at least 50lbs. without help. Must wear company mandated Personal Protective Equipment when handling metal and other sharp objects (hard hat, gloves, eye protection, boots with metatarsal, arm guards, and any other assigned PPE).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
The office is clean, orderly,properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.